Installation Technician (Temporary)
Job Title: Installation Technician (Temporary)
Workplace: Based at ASK4, 14 Fitzwilliam Street, Sheffield, S1 4JL. Includes working at sites around the UK and in Europe.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Salary: £8.50 per hour
Hours of Work:
8:30am – 4:30pm with a 30 minute lunch break, although these hours will vary to meet the needs of the business and early starts and late finishes will be a regular occurrence. Overnight stays will be required. Weekends will be required throughout July/August/September.
- Working within the Engineering team, installing, network and telecommunication equipment on our sites around the UK.
- Carrying out Quality checks on sites.
- Carrying out other tasks to assist the Engineering Department.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of vehicles.
- Completing documentation as specified and adhering to health and safety standards.
- Carrying out making good works once cabling has been completed.
- Carrying out installations and acting as site liaison.
- Assist colleagues in site communications.
- Hard working, flexible attitude. Must have a methodical approach to fault finding and be able to follow instructions. Must have a professional and friendly manner as will be meeting with customers on a daily basis.
- Full clean UK driving license (some points considered depending on the category). Must be comfortable driving vans.
- CSCS card (must be willing to sit test). Will DBS check successful applicants.
- Basic understanding of networking and IT equipment.
- Competent with DIY tasks. Ability to carry out filling and painting of holes in ceiling.
The ideal candidate will be have an excellent standard of competence in carrying out hands on tasks. They must have a basic understanding of networking and be keen to give excellent customer service. Experience in working with tools and carrying out health and safety checks with equipment is required, as is experience in installations and the knowledge to differentiate between different methods of fixings. Some health and safety experience is required as will be expected to carry out risk assessments on site and complete checks as necessary. We are looking for a conscientious person who will take pride in their representation of the company and will look after company property. Flexibility is a must and a pleasant attitude and be able to keep calm under pressure.
Please send your CV with a covering email to email@example.com, stating which role you are applying for. Applications close at midnight on 30th April.