Head of Technology
Job title: Head of Technology
Location: ASK4 HQ, Sheffield
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Salary range: £65,000 - 85,000 dependant on experience
Start date: as soon as possible
The Head of Technology will bring dynamic technical, thought and process leadership to ASK4’s technology teams. Working with the rest of the senior leadership team to deliver ASK4's strategic growth plan, the successful candidate will bring a wealth of industry knowledge and experience, helping to maintain ASK4's position as a technical leader in the provision of Internet and Network services to the multi-tenanted living space market.
- Leadership, management, mentoring and development of the Technology teams, consisting of Software and Systems Development, Platform and Infrastructure, and Networks teams, in order to meet the growth opportunities available to the business.
- Work with the business and senior technical staff to define the technology strategy for ASK4 that supports our product and growth needs.
- Project delivery in line with both the company-wide programme of works and the departmental project process.
- Asset and risk owner for technology-related information assets in line with ASK4s information security policies.
- Work with the ASK4 legal and compliance teams to understand the technological and process impact of legislative changes
- Change and release management of technology projects
- Ensure compliance with industry and ASK4 operational standards.
- Leadership of a technology continual improvement process
- Capacity management and forecasting of network, platform and system requirements to inform the budgeting and project/development processes.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Operations Management team.
- Provide a technical escalation point for other business functions
- Maintain awareness of current industry trends and legislation ensuring that the company maintains and expands its technology leadership position
- Adherence to Ask4's policies and procedures, including, but not limited to all the relevant Information Security and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Report any health and safety breaches or concerns in order to assist the company in preventing future accidents/incidents.
- Ensure you carry out your work in an environmentally responsible manner and in line with environmental policies and procedures.
Guidance and Authority:
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer
- Operations forum provides guidance
Principle accountabilities / Key results areas:
- Project delivery to agreed deadlines and budgets
Skills & Attributes required:
- Managing yourself, your workload and resources effectively
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Data analysis skills
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- Process development and implementation experience
- Organisation change management experience
- Experience of implementing and managing software development methodologies
- Experience of managing infrastructure and platforms
- Excellent management skills
- Collaborative and team focussed
- Experience of working with the ISO27001:2013 standard (desirable)
Applications by way of CV with covering email to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for. Applications to be submitted by 6th July 2018.