For Student, Residential and A4B Customers:
Like you, we care about your privacy, how your data is used and how we keep it safe. This privacy notice explains how, when, where and why we use your information, along with advice should you wish to change or withdraw your information at any time.
Information we collect about you:
During sign-up or service initiation, we ask for some basic information about you to enable us to provide you with an Internet service. This includes your full name, location, phone number and email address, which can be used to identify you
How we use your information:
- We use this information to authorise access to our network.
- We use this data to notify you by email when we are undertaking service affecting maintenance. We may use a third party system (Mailjet) to process these notifications. Mailjet have been risk assessed and are fully GDPR compliant.
- We use this data to confirm your identity when you call our support team.
- If you are student customer and open a support ticket with us, we may share your name and some details about the problem you are having with your service with your halls provider for the purposes of troubleshooting the issue.
- If you have selected “Yes” to receive marketing information from ASK4, we may use this data to contact you with offers relating to ASK4 services only.
- If you have selected “Yes” to receive marketing information from ASK4, we may send you a questionnaire for the sole purpose of improving ASK4 products and services.
If as a student customer, we take payment as part of the sign up process, the payment is processed by Stripe. Stripe are based in the US. They have been risk assessed and are fully GDPR compliant.
If you are a residential customer and set up a direct debit, your details will be shared with Smart Debit. Smart Debit have been risk assessed and are fully GDPR compliant.
Things we do not do:
- We do not share your data with third parties outside of ASK4 for the purpose of marketing.
- We do not use your data for any purpose other than to provide you with our service.
Changing your contact preferences:
If you would like to receive no further communications of this kind then please write to ASK4 Limited, Devonshire Green House, 14 Fitzwilliam Street, Sheffield, S1 4JL or use the unsubscribe function on any communications that are sent to you.
How long we keep your data for:
We need to retain your data while you are a customer of ours so that we can provide you with the service. We also keep your data for 21 months after you cease to be a customer. For the first 18 months we retain your data to allow us to complete financial audits, identify returning customers and for product and trend analysis. For the remaining three months we only retain your data in our backups. The single exception to this retention period is in payment records which are kept for 7 years after the payment is made. This information only contains your name and transaction details and is retained for financial auditing purposes only.
It is essential for the operation of ASK4’s websites that they make use of session cookies and as such are deemed to not require consent.
Session cookies are defined as transient cookies (a cookie that is erased when the user closes the Web browser), that is used to identify requests from one web session over another. The session cookie only contains a unique identifier for the session, rather than the user. The session cookie allows options selected in one webpage to be linked to the options selected in other pages which is essential for the correct operation of all ASK4’s websites (excluding content only websites).
Session cookies do not collect information from the user's computer.
ASK4's websites make use of Google Analytics, which in turn makes use of a cookie. While analytics is not essential to the operation of the site (thus requiring consent), it provides ASK4 with data on types of systems being used to browse the web by our users.
Analytics provides or tracks no data about the user, but rather allows for information about the browser to be collected. Examples of the type of data collected is, platform (Windows, Mac, Linux etc), browser (i.e. Firefox, Chrome etc) and screen size.
This data aids ASK4 in developing its websites, as well as providing information to our support team on OS and browser share.
Facebook / Social Network Plugins
If you have any questions about the above privacy statement or want to submit a complaint please contact support.